Families who recognize the need to obtain guardianship of an adult family member often have very limited options and face significant obstacles, such as
- The financial cost generally runs into several thousands of dollar; and
- The difficulty explaining exactly how their family member’s difficulties impact their daily life
With respect to adult guardianship, I am pleased to now be able to offer Nova Scotia families three options:
- Should you choose to retain me to bring a guardianship application, you will experience the additional benefit that comes from retaining counsel who has been a member of the disability community for over 20 years.
- The purchase of the a do-it-yourself Kit that allows you to bring a guardianship application on your own, without incurring the cost of retaining a lawyer.
- Combine the cost-savings benefits of the Nova Scotia Legal Guardianship Kit with the knowledge that a disability lawyer is available to you on as needed basis.
Nova Scotia’s new adult adult guardianship legislation (the Adult Capacity and Decision-Making Act) will come in to force on December 28, 2017.
Listen to my interview on CBC’s Main Street program regarding this new legislation and it’s potential effect on families in the disability community.
Let Me Help.