Access to justice is a significant issue in the disability community.
As much as possible, I will be offering reasonable flat fee arrangements that will allow clients to know up front what their legal fees will be. Consider it not pro bono, but relatively low bono legal service.
Types of fees:
- Consultation Fees – My usual consult fee is $150.00, for which I am happy to spend as much time as necessary to you the information you require to decide on next steps. Should you choose to retain me, that fee will be credited back on your first invoice.
- Retainers – A retainer will be required for any matters going beyond a consultation.
- Fixed Fees – As much as possible, I will quote you a “fixed” fee before work is begun.
- Fee for Time – When it is not possible to estimate the amount of time and effort required, fees are charged on an hourly basis.
- Disbursements – Disbursements are any payments I make to a third party on your behalf. Such payments are charged in addition to the fee. You will only pay what I pay to the third party.
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) – HST will be charged at rate of 15% for all services.